Welcome to the Beaver Island Rural Health Center, located on Beaver Island, Michigan
OUR MISSION: To provide high-quality, cost effective patient treatment and wellness services and to serve as a primary care facility to the Beaver Island community.
OUR VALUES: The Beaver Island Rural Health Center (BIRHC)
- Believes that access to high quality-healthcare is a basic community need, regardless of a person’s ability to pay.
- Adheres to practices that promote financial integrity and accountability.
- Provides services with care, respect, and sensitivity for patient's needs and seeks always to have the patient’s trust.
- Is dedicated to and complies with medical best practices
- Reflects in its board membership the Island’s diverse community
OUR VISION for 2020: BIRHC accommodates expanding demand for medical services, including accredited emergency care, community education programs, prevention and wellness activities. The Center is staffed by a team of family practice physicians, nurse practitioners, and technicians who provide primary care to most year round and seasonal residents. Basic financial stability is secured by reliable local funding, growing state and federal funding, and community contributions and income from the Center’s endowment. The Center is highly networked with other Northern Michigan medical organizations --collaborating and sharing resources. BIRHC professional administrative staff works in partnership with a dedicated Board and community leaders to make sure programs and services are aligned with community needs and resources.