Career Opportunity Nurse Practitioner - June 26, 2020
A wonderful and unique opportunity to live, work and relax on beautiful Beaver Island in Northern Michigan. Located near Petoskey and Traverse City, with air (daily) and ferry (seasonal) service to and from Charlevoix. Considered by many to be one of the most beautiful vacation spots in the Mid West. Apply soon; this great opportunity may not last long.
- -Collaborative practice with another NP in a new beautiful health clinic
- -Clinic hours, an eight hour shift, three days a week, flexible
- -On-call coverage shared between the two practitioners who work together on developing schedules (minimal amount of monthly calls)
- -An opportunity to know and treat patients of all ages, providing primary health care, managing chronic and acute problems and developing wellness programs
- -Provide emergency services in collaboration with an excellent EMS service
- -Collaborate with off-island physician on appropriateness of care
- -Excellent Compensation and Benefits package.
- -Rural Site Qualifies for student loan repayment
- Regional working agreements with both Munson and McLaren.
- -A safe, friendly, small-town atmosphere on the largest inhabited island in the Great Lakes with a year round population of 650 with a busy and fun summer tourist season.
- -Outdoor activities galore, including, hiking/biking/birding trails, boating, kayaking, canoeing, snowmobiling, world class fishing, hunting, cross-country skiing, All Within Your Backyard!
- -Drive to work in 5-15 minutes, with no traffic (and lots of wildlife!)
- -Family First Atmosphere, with three churches and an excellent, award winning, well funded K-12 public school with small teacher-student ratios, new building and strong community support
- -Retail amenities include: several great hotels, restaurants, marinas, bakery, convenience and grocery store and a nine hole golf course
- -Thousands of acres of State Forest Lands and a chain of Islands to explore.
- -Significant and fascinating historical site ( several museums and lighthouses, etc)
Beaver Island Rural Health Center
PO Box 146
Beaver Island, MI 49782
Tammy Radionoff, Managing Director 231-448-2275
E- mail firstname.lastname@example.org