Radiologic Technologist – May 1, 2020
A wonderful and unique opportunity to live, work and relax on beautiful Beaver Island in Northern Michigan. Located near Petoskey and Traverse City, with air (daily) and ferry (seasonal) service to and from Charlevoix. Considered by many to be one of the most beautiful vacation spots in the Mid West. Apply soon; this great opportunity may not last long.
Reports to: Managing Director
Job Status: Part-Time
Positions Supervised: None
Position Summary: Perform x-rays for diagnostic purposes. Follow established radiologic requirements and regulations to ensure patient care and safety.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare patients for radiologic procedures. Escort patients to x-ray room,provide verbal and/or written instructions and assist patients in positioning body parts to be radiographed. Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure patient care, safety and comfort during scan.
- Operate radiologic equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes. Position radiologic equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance according to specification of examination. Take x-rays following established radiologic requirements and regulations to ensure patient care and safety.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to ensure safety of patients and team members.
- Ensure radiologic equipment remains in working order. Report equipment malfunctions to Managing director.
- Perform related administrative duties including completing necessary forms.
- Retrieve radiologic orders from and input related data into the electronic medical record.
- Maintain adequate radiologic supplies.
- Serve as a back-up for clinical team members as needed by controlling patient flow, performing EKG tests, obtaining blood pressure measurements, documenting vital signs in the EMR and administering injectables.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of radiologic standards, requirements and regulations.
- Knowledge of radiologic safety, cleanliness and infection control policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of radiologic equipment uses and maintenance.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- -A safe, friendly, small-town atmosphere on the largest inhabited island in the Great Lakes with a year round population of 650 with a busy and fun summer tourist season.
- -Outdoor activities galore, including, hiking/biking/birding trails, boating, kayaking, canoeing, snowmobiling, world class fishing, hunting, cross-country skiing, All Within Your Backyard!
- -Drive to work in 5-15 minutes, with no traffic (and lots of wildlife!)
- -Family First Atmosphere, with three churches and an excellent, award winning, well funded K-12 public school with small teacher-student ratios, new building and strong community support
- -Retail amenities include: several great hotels, restaurants, marinas, bakery, convenience and grocery store and a nine hole golf course
- -Thousands of acres of State Forest Lands and a chain of Islands to explore.
- -Significant and fascinating historical site ( several museums and lighthouses, etc)
-Beaver Island Rural Health Center
PO Box 146
Beaver Island, MI 49782
Tammy Radionoff, Managing Director, 231-448-2275
E- mail email@example.com